The Occupational Health (OH) Department provides an independent and confidential service to MUH employees and students, regarding all aspects of health relating to their work. The emphasis of the service is on the protection of employees / students from the possible adverse effects of work-related activity. We DO NOT provide a GP service.
- Assess fitness for work before commencing and during employment, including disability issues.
- Vaccination programmes: Hepatitis B, Tuberculosis, Varicella (chickenpox), MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), Influenza vaccination is given each Autumn.
- Follow-up of staff members who have sustained work-related injuries.
- Contact tracing for staff who have been in contact with infectious diseases (e.g. Tuberculosis).
- VDU (Visual Display Unit) screening for staff prior to commencement of work and at regular intervals thereafter (as per legislation).
- Smoking cessation facilitator available to staff who wish to avail of the service.
- Follow-up of staff who have sustained blood / body fluid exposures.
- Assessment and care for staff who present with stress-related issues.
- First aid.
- Follow-up of staff who are involved in violent or threatening incidents.
- Advice, information, and treatment of work-related skin conditions.
Dr. John Gallagher - OH Consultant
Ann Doocey - OH Nurse Manager
Claire Cotter - OH Nurse
Eileen Sykes - OH Nurse
Jean Rohan - Clerical Officer
We are located on Floor 3 of Sheares House, 20 Sheares Street, Cork city.
Opening HoursMonday - Thursday, 8 am - 5 pm
Friday, 8 am - 4 pm
Contact021-493 5307 or 021-427 1971 (bleep 6626)