Created by :
- C. Walsh - Bed Manager
- Director of Nursing in consultation with all appropriate stakeholders
- Department of Nursing / Bed Management Unit
- To enhance patient services by providing a timely and appropriate response, through the cooperation of all stakeholders, for General Practitioners, requesting an inpatient admission. This guideline will define the processes required to achieve the aforementioned.
- Monday to Friday only: between 9 am – 5 pm.
Direct Line to Bed Management
- 021–493 5292 or 021–493 5464
Out-of-Hours and Weekends
- Direct number: 086-8283698.
- Request to speak to the CNM2 'Admissions Sister'.
- This CNM2 is responsible for ensuring all requests are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
- If an immediate response is not possible, the General Practitioner's contact details will be taken and the CNM2 will update him / her as appropriate.
- Monitoring the effectiveness and stakeholder satisfaction with this development is an ongoing process. Your suggestions, comments and feedback are welcome.
- Ms. Carmel Walsh
- Contact number : 021–493 5388 or 086-8363086
Please note: Consultant staff will continue to welcome and receive direct calls from General Practitioners.